Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Tale of Two Foundations


Yesterday, my quest for an everyday foundation took me to my local department store. I’d seen advertisements for Clinique’s new Supermoisture Makeup in my favorite fashion magazines, so I headed straight to their makeup counter.

On the Clinique website, the Supermoisture Makeup is described as having an ultra-creamy yet refreshingly lightweight formula that goes beyond flaw-fixing, providing a dewy look. Clinique promises that this product disguises unevenness with sheer-to-moderate coverage, resulting in soft and radiant looking skin all day.

Okay, so back to my shopping escapades…the saleswoman warned me that the Supermoisture Makeup is meant for individuals with dry skin. Now, while my skin can be an oil slick during the summer, it gets tight and very dry during the fall and winter months. So I told the woman that I still wanted to give it a try. She color-matched me, and the shade she chose was spot-on. However, it was much too dewy for my taste. In fact - it looked, dare I say, greasy. I would only recommend this product to those with extremely parched skin (think Sahara thirsty).

The story does have a happy ending, though. I walked out of Bloomingdale’s with Clinique’s Superfit Makeup in Nutty – an oldie but a goodie. And the helpful saleswoman threw in a gift with purchase (Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer in Twiglet and Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer) to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment