Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Love Lucy


I’ve always liked Lucy Liu, but it was her turn as badass assassin O-Ren Ishii in 2003’s Kill Bill: Vol. 1 that made me sit up and take notice. In October’s issue of In Style, Liu shows us her softer side and lets us peek inside her G-Ahn makeup bag.

In Style: What’ your earliest beauty memory?
Liu: I used to watch my mom put makeup on, and we would go to the five-and-dime store and experiment with whatever makeup was there. It was basically L’Oreal lipstick – which is funny, because I still use it.

In Style: Do you always carry around two different eye liners?
Liu: Yes. The liquid liner is for above the eye, and the pencil is for inside of the eye. But I rarely use the pencil unless I’m going out. If you put liquid liner on during the day and then add pencil to the inner rims at night, it glams it up.

In Style: What about Aquaphor? I’ve heard you’re obsessed.
Liu: I use it for everything. It’s not too glossy, so I wear it when I do movies because it looks really natural. I always carry a mini with me. And if I fall, which I do a lot – I’ll put it on my [scrapes]. When I was shooting a movie in Montreal, it was freezing. If you take a little bit of Aquaphor and dab it on our face, it keeps your skin looking fresh. I dubbed it Aqua for Everything.

In Lucy Liu’s Makeup Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment