Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here's The Skinny


Fall has finally come to Philadelphia. Unfortunately, it brought steady rain and winds with it. On days like today, when I don’t feel like doing to much to my hair – because I know the weather will just un-do it – I pull it back into a pony or bun, then reach for a skinny headband. It adds polish to an otherwise bland hairstyle.

This look works better on hair that has a little texture, so if you’re working with freshly-washed hair, use a product like Ojon’s Animated Styling Cream or Dirt Texturizing Paste by Jonathan Product. To keep the headband in place all day, lightly spray the underside with hairspray before sliding into place.

Nordstrom has some gorgeous headbands, but I suggest getting more bang for your buck by purchasing yours at Urban Outftters, Forever 21, Goody.com, or Scunci.com.

Spoiled Pretty Tip: If traditional headbands give you a headache, look for ones with elastic banding on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment