Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bad Dye Job

Does this photo make you want to buy the product?

I realize that this Garnier Nutrisse ad has been out for a while...but, lately, it seems like it's everywhere. Maybe Garnier is trying to capitalize on the buzz surrounding the forthcoming SATC movie, or perhaps it's all just coincidence. What has me perplexed, though, is how this came to be an ad in the first place.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with Garnier; in fact, my husband is a big fan of their shampoo. My issue is that Sarah Jessica Parker looks so blah in this photo. The hair color is shiny and multidimensional - but it does nothing for her...in fact, it makes her look downright dowdy.

I think SJP is a talented actress, a smart entrepreneur, and a good role model for women. But at the same time, I think more women dream about being Carrie, her alter ego, than being like SJP. IMO, whovever made the decision to dye her hair this unflattering auburn shade has: a) poor taste and b) is completely out of touch with what women want.

Which leaves me wondering how much better Garnier's sales would be had they photographed SJP with her trademark cascade of blonde curls.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment