Monday, October 22, 2007

Siren Song


This past weekend, I stopped by Sephora expecting to just window shop. Oh, who am I kidding…does that ever really happen?

Aimlessly, I perused the aisles and tested dozens of products. I had no intention of actually buying anything, yet I couldn’t bring myself to leave the store. It was as if something was calling to me. Then I saw it - Viridiana lipstick from the Nars Siren Song Holiday 2007 collection.

This lip color had me at hello, ladies. At first glance, I was bewitched by the rich burgundy color. After testing it on my hand, I fell a little deeper in love. By the time the saleswoman finished carefully applying it to my lips, I was obsessed. And in the ten minutes between putting a tube of Viridiana in my basket and paying for it at the register, three women approached me to ask what lipstick I was wearing. Watch out, Dolce Vita…there's a new diva in town.

Spoiled Pretty Tip: For daytime, apply Viridiana to exfoliated lips with your fingers – for a subtle, but sophisticated stain. At night, apply with a lip brush for more concentrated color. The beauty of Viridiana lies not only in the shade, but also in the formula – the semi-matte finish isn’t drying and stays where you put it, so you needn’t worry about the color staying inside the lines.

Nars’ Siren Song collection also includes:
Duo Eyeshadow (in Balthazar, Violetta, and Cheyenne); Lip Gloss (in Rose Gitane and Bad Education); Blush in Luster; Single Eyeshadow (in Night Snow and Night Rider); Lip Gloss/Lip Stain Gloss (in Metis/Victoire, Turkish Delight/Sayonara, Sand Piper/Dare Devil, and Moon Fleet/Indian Red); Nail Polish in Saratoga ; and Perfecting Powder Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment