Monday, August 23, 2010

Sassy's Balsamic Tomato Pasta

Geia sas everyone!
I have a delicious recipe to share with you today.
This is my recipe for my Balsamic Tomato-Basil Pasta. I don't use recipes all that much when i cook but when i do it's either for something i'm not use to cooking with or i use them as guidelines. I wanted to put this together into a recipe so that anyone can make it. As a result of the way  i generally cook sometimes i don't have exact measurements so you may have to eyeball/taste-test it. :)
Sassy's Balsamic Tomato Pasta

1 box whole wheat penne pasta
2 cans fire roasted garlic tomatoes
about 5 cloves garlic, minced
oregano (i used at least a Tbsp.)
roughly 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
extra virgin olive oil-a Tbsp. or 2 plus enough to sauté garlic
a large handful fresh basil leaves, loosely torn
mozzarella cheese(could use Parmesan or Romano)
pepper to taste
a pinch of salt

Place garlic in a skillet & sauté for a few minutes, then add the cans of tomato to your skillet. Keep on med.-low heat. Meanwhile cook your pasta. Add the oregano, pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar, & olive oil to skillet. Let simmer. When you pasta is done turn your sauce on low & add the basil leaves, just so they wilt. Then serve sauce over pasta topping with your cheese(mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano).


*Note: i always coat my pasta with olive oil too

This basil was fresh from my herb garden & amazing! I love this dish & so does my family, i hope you will enjoy it too!


Kali Evdomada!
(Have a good week)


 
   
Photobucket                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment