Monday, July 26, 2010

Cleopatra: Jolie style

Geia sas! Okay ladies who's heard about the upcoming biopic about Cleopatra VII Queen of Egypt played by Angelina Jolie?

Now of course we've all seen/heard of the Elizabeth Taylor version from the 60's.
I really liked some of the costumes & jewelry in this movie.
Now they're is a bit of controversy surrounding the choice of Angelina; a few people are saying Cleopatra was black...what?! I'm saying to them do your homework people, she's descendant from a Macedonian general; making her Greek..& we are not black lol. Did i mention she spoke Greek as a 1st language? They think she was also mixed with some Egyptian blood. Again though the Egyptians weren't/aren't black.
And then there are those who just plain don't like her(Jolie) & don't think she will be a good Cleopatra, but i say look at her Olympias in Alexander. She did an excellent job in my opinion, she was the best in the movie for me (Colin Farrell was 2nd of course lol). I have faith in her. :]
*Notice the worry beads in her hand? My yiayia(grandma) has some that were her father's & i just love them.
This new Cleopatra movie is kind of a dream for me, its Egyptian meets Greek meets my favorite actress; love it! Let's just hope its good!
Name info:
  • Cleopatra means 'glory of the father' in Greek.
  • She had a younger sister named ArsinoĆ«; i think its such a cool name!


P.S. I heard Brad Pitt might be playing Antony?? What do you think, over the top or just right?
While we're on the subject of Egyptian check out this curule chair, which i guess means 'charriot chair' in Latin or something.
I have a similar zebra print one, but this one is awesome & i want it! But not for $200 :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment