Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Haute Pink But A Hot Mess


A couple of days before leaving for Fashion Week, I realized I hadn’t given any thought to my nails. With all my last-minute running around, I didn’t have time to fit in a salon appointment. But then again, I certainly couldn’t show up to the fashion event of the season with tore-up looking nails.

Considering that my chosen outfits were mostly black, grays, and other neutrals – I wanted a nail color that would really pop. I wanted so badly to paint them with I’m Indi-a Mood for Love or ElePhantastic Pink, from OPI’s India Collection; but those polishes don’t hit stores until February 6th, so I had to improvise.

Milani Pink Pop satisfied my urge for bold, bubblegum colored nails – but this polish does have some major problems. Pink Pop goes on smoothly, yet - for some unknown reason - it dries to a semi-matte finish. But after two coats of the Milani, plus one coat of Seche Vite, my nails looked like pink patent-leather perfection.

Unfortunately, after 3 days, this polish starts chipping like nobody’s business. I suppose one could ward off the cracks by applying a clear top coat every few days. But I’m too lazy and scatterbrained for that.

Milani polishes cost around $3.50, so I suppose I can’t be too picky. I will use this polish again, because the color is just so darned fabulous. But if you’re at the drugstore and you pick up a bottle of Milani – be mindful that, in this case, you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment