Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fashion Week Take Three: Daneen Is America’s Next Top Model


On Saturday afternoon, I was supposed to report from backstage at Alexandre Herchcovitch. But due to some mix-up (aka – not so nice people at the press check-in table), Spoiled Pretty was denied. Don't be fooled by the photos above; the backstage atmosphere at Herchcovitch was anything but peaceful. I resisted the urge to yell, “Don’t you know who I am?” - because clearly they did not. So I licked my wounds and headed outside to sulk.

While sitting on a bench, trying to compose myself and re-strategize, I noticed a familiar (albeit Adonis-esque) visage heading my way. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear? None other than “noted fashion photographer," Nigel Barker – of America’s Next Top Model fame.

Y’all know what an ANTM fanatic I am – so you can imagine how star- and dumbstruck I was to be breathing the same air as Nigel. I momentarily lost my ability to speak. But then my adrenaline kicked in, and I managed to squeak out a request for a photo – to which he happily obliged.

If this photo looks a little odd, it’s because I had to color correct the pic. The original had me looking extremely washed out. It could be an indication that I need to invest in a better quality digital camera. But I like to think it’s because the heavens were smiling on me.

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment