Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fashion Week Part IV: Coffee Talk With Samara

Following my rendezvous with Nigel Barker, I hailed a cab and was off again. This time, I was headed to meet my friend, Samara, for some mid-day caffeine. Samara reps brands such as CoverGirl, Max Factor, and Head & Shoulders; she is so generous with samples for me to try, and keeps me in the know about new product releases and cosmetic trends.

The coffee shop where we had intended to meet was – for some odd reason – closed at 4pm on Saturday. So we walked to a nearby Starbucks that, unfortunately, didn’t have seating. Luckily, there seem to be a coffee joint on every other corner in NYC – so we settled on a Cosi.

Samara and I had never actually met before…we have just corresponded via email. But I immediately found her to be so warm and friendly that it was like we were old friends. We chatted about the New York Times article, gushed about our mutual love for CoverGirl’s Lash Blast Mascara, and threw around some ideas for a kick-arse giveaway (coming up soon).




Here’s Samara and I playing candid camera outside of Cosi. Don’t ya just love my bag? When my husband first saw it, he exclaimed, “Daneen, it’s bigger than you are!”

True, but when you’re rushing between runway shows, meetings, and social events, there are two things to remember: cute (but comfortable) shoes, and a spacious shoulder bag. This one, the Budapest Slouchy from My Flat In London, easily lugged all of my stuff – and still had plenty of room for all of the press kits and product samples I acquired along the way.

Plus, when you’re rubbing elbows with fashionistas all day, you’d better dress to impress – and that extends to your handbag.

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment