Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fashion Week Part Deux: Thuy Fall 2008 Collection


I woke up on Saturday morning and headed to the Exit Art Building for the Thuy Fall 2008 Collection presentation. A presentation is different from a runway show, in that there’s no actual runway – just models strutting their stuff amongst us mere mortals. The show was very impromptu, which I really enjoyed. Though after waiting almost an hour, it began without warning (I attended with Amber and Marina – Marina was somewhere getting juice when the show finally began).

Romero Jennings, Head Makeup Artist for MAC, was responsible for the models’ ethereal eyes and lengthy lashes; he lined the inner rims with shimmery white pencil and applied a few coats of black mascara for definition. Jennings polished off the look with a strong matte mouth. Lips were lined and filled in with Brick Lip Pencil (intense golden red), then Brown Lipmix (a MAC Pro product) was applied on top of the pencil.

To balance the bold lip, Liam Carey, Senior Stylist for Ted Gibson, pin-curled the models’ hair. Then, keeping it soft, he styled tresses into dreamy side-ponys and updos*.

Amber, Marina, and I walked away from the Thuy show with a goodie bag filled with, well, goodies. Of the beauty treats, I am most excited to try Ted Gibson’s Beautiful Hold Hairspray; its fool-proof formula allows it to be layered depending on hair styling needs, and it has a sophisticated gardenia fragrance.

*Marina was so enamored with the models’ curly tresses, she accompanied me back to my hotel so she could use my T3 Medium Duality to re-create the look. Unfortunately, in the short period of time she had before her next appointment, she couldn’t figure out how to curl with the flat iron – so she straightened her hair instead. And it looked fabulous nonetheless.

Look at the models giving me face. I felt like Mario Testino.








Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment