Monday, April 5, 2010

Tone Those Arms For Summer!

For anyone looking to tone their arms check this out! I really want them perfect for tank-top & sun-dress weather. So I am going to share with you guys a few moves that I use to do so. The 1st is best for the triceps, it's called the Triceps Dip. I found a picture to show you what it looks like:





1.Sit on a chair, bench, or I sometimes use my bed.
2. Put hands slightly under the hips.
3.Lift up on hands with hips out.
4.Bend the elbows 90 degrees & lower down hips keeping them close to the chair.
5.Push back up without locking elbows & repeat for 11-18 reps.

Here is another picture to better illustrate the move:




So I try to do that move at least 5 days per week, 7 if i can.


The 2nd move is great for the deltoid muscle & biceps. It's an Angled Bicep Curl into an Over-head Press. You'll need 5-10lb. weights for this exercise.



Angled Bicep Curl:


Combine the 2 moves & do 15-20 reps.


Over-Head Press picture:



I also do some push-ups & yoga for my arms but these are go-to moves for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment