Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kittens!

These little angels(missing 1) are the babies of a this sweet cat:
(Ipod pics, not great quality)

You may remember Kairah(from this post). I found the kittens in the beginning of September after seeing Kairah with one trailing her. I then went outside and she took the kitten, put him in the long grass across the road and came back to get some attention; silliest thing. Then about four days later I found them, all four kittens in a hollow tree next to my driveway. So I started leaving food and water out for them next to the tree and they always ate it, gradually becoming more confident. I kept looking for Kairah but she never showed up, I haven't seen her since and am very worried that something happened to her. Its been a month, and she was a very friendly cat that always came around so its very unusual.
I tried to convince my mom to let me keep my two favorites, but she is not a cat person and said no :(
So last Saturday we took them to my step-dad's sister's farm, where she has lots of cats she cares for. I visited them Saturday and they are doing very well, except one who escaped the tack room where they are currently staying. She is in the barn but they are having trouble catching her do to she is small and hides in between hay bales.
These photos are from Saturday.
Here is my favorite little guy.

He's lighter brown/tan around the face but the sunlight washed them all out in these pictures.
Don't be deceived by the cuteness, he is actually very sassy lol.
He likes to swat a lot, and puts his paws on everything.
I.E.
Playfully swatting at the ipod.

The kittens play with a ball tied to a rope, well here is his brother and sister playing behind the basket:
Guess who was watching?
..he couldn't stand it he started swatting...lol

Meet the babies' surrogate mother, Jewel.

They love to lick too, its so funny. However one of them turns licking into teeth...you may have guessed who at this point....

..but who couldn't love that face?


I had planned to name the two I was going to keep Nalah & Kovu from the Lion King. :)

We'll have to see what happens in the future.


edit(10-23): The kittens are doing well, they are now neutered (3 boys) & spayed (1 girl). I also saw their momma about two weeks after they went to the farm, then I continued to see her like before. So today I finally got her to the farm..needless to say she was very upset she doesn't know where she is, there are many strange cats nosing around, and for the first few weeks she is confined to the barn...not happy. I'm just praying for peace for her because she's very scared. I'll get pictures next time I'm out there, also praying she doesn't run away out of fear.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment