Friday, September 23, 2011

Tzatziki & Keftedakia Recipe

Something that I have noticed over the past few years especially is that so many girls(& guys for that matter) have no idea how to cook anymore. I cannot tell you how many people I know tell me "I can cook macaroni & cheese & make a bowl of cereal & that's about it"...oh dear. Well if that's you don't worry this is Greek food made easy and its so delicious :)

I have been meaning to add a tzatziki recipe for a long time but never got around to it (or took pictures when making it) so today I finally am!
Tzatziki


4 cups plain Greek yogurt (I use fat free)
1-2 cucumber(s) seeded & graded
a large handful of chopped fresh dill
2 cloves of garlic, mashed(or pressed)
a good drizzle of olive oil
the juice of 1/2-1 lemon
2 leaves of fresh mint, chopped
a good pinch of salt
optional drop of Ouzo

Combine & serve!


Keftedakia
1 lb. ground beef &/or lamb mix
3 gloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. oregano, minced onion, & marjoram mix
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt
pepper

Combine ingredients in a bowl, make into small balls. Then cook/fry in a pan with heated olive oil.
Place on paper towels to collect grease, then serve with the tzatziki & some feta.


Keftedakia are pretty much "little meatballs" but don't underestimate them, they are delicious!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment