Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Southern Belle

Don’t get me wrong…as a newlywed, I am a firm believer in the institution of marriage. But looking at these pics of Reese Witherspoon, I think to myself, “Damn, divorce never looked so good.”

In the October issue of Elle, Reese opens up about her break-up with husband Ryan Phillippe:


“Right around Christmas-time I was sitting in a parking lot and I felt like I just couldn’t get out of the car. It was like, I can’t get out of the car. And I thought, Okay, half of the parking lot has dealt with this [a break-up]. More than half of the parking lot has dealt with this. Okay, let’s make it a little bigger. Half of this city has dealt with this. Okay, let’s make it a little bigger-half of this country, until I finally got out of the car. It was like, it’s okay. It’s okay. There’s this moment in Walk the Line where June Carter says, ‘I was never aware of how much I was seen.’ I was very aware of how much I was seen. It was this moment of self-discovery and loss of identity and who was stepping out of the car-you know? Who is that person? Should I not be this honest?”

Reese has handled their public parting with grace and poise, and has never looked better. If Elle’s October photo shoot is any indication – franky, Ryan, she doesn’t give a damn.

The October issue of Elle is on newsstands September 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment